30 total views, 1 views today
The municipalities of La Victoria de Acentejo and La Matanza de Acentejo cross their historical vicissitudes always and in any case based on the story and the consequences of the war between Aborigines and Castilian people entering the DNA of the territory, bringing back for centuries the memory in their traditions and their history.
In the period before the conquest of Tenerife by the Spanish army, the place where the city of La Victoria de Acentejo is now located was subject to the Menceyato de Taoro.
Commonly known by the Guanches as Acentejo, they shared with La Matanza their own political / social future in full autonomy, while the current name of the municipality / municipality given by the Castilians dates back to the end of the fifteenth century, in connection with the defeat of the Guanches by Alonso Fernández de Lugo. After many hours of fighting, the militias of the island of Tenerife were defeated in a second armed confrontation, reason why the Castilian, in the heat of victory, began to shout “Victoria!” “Victoria!” Cry that turned into a local definition.
Alonso Fernández de Lugo, conqueror of Tenerife, in gratitude for the triumph he had obtained, promised to build a hermitage there in honor of the Queen of Angels, under the invocation of Our Lady of Victory. That year Christmas Day was celebrated next to a pine tree that still exists today.
As of 1812, the year in which the Corti Liberali of Cadiz gave birth to the Constitution, all the places that had parishes within them were authorized to become independent municipalities.
The Victoria de Acentejo presumably accesses the municipal official and independence in 1813, although these data cannot be verified due to the disappearance of the municipal archives due to a fire at the beginning of the 19th century.
Located on the north-eastern side of the island, the municipality of La Victoria de Acentejo is bordered to the east by the municipality of La Matanza de Acentejo, near the Barranco de San Antonio; to the west with the municipality of Santa Ursula, near the Barranco Hondo and to the south with the mountainous ridge, the Dorsal, a natural boundary between this municipality and those of Candelaria and Arafo, while to the north the Atlantic Ocean is the natural border of Tenerife.
The relief is very pronounced and is crossed by numerous ravines, such as Barranco Hondo and Barranco de San Antonio, to which part of its path joins those of Bobadilla and Marta, in which there are water galleries used for irrigation in the common. The rest of the Barrancos are minor but contribute to the characteristic landscape of the municipality. The maximum heights that the Victorian relief has are those of Las Lagunetas, at 1,500 m altitude, La Morra at 1600 meters. El Risco Negro at 1400 mt.
Hotel and apartments to report in the city and nearby:
Businesses and professionals in the municipality of La Victoria de Acentejo
[webdirectory-listings perpage=”6″ scrolling_paginator=”1″ hide_order=”1″ show_views_switcher=”0″ listings_view_type=”grid” listings_view_grid_columns=”3″ grid_view_logo_ratio=”50″ logo_animation_effect=”0″ directories=”1″ order_by=”rand” locations=”15465″]